Just received my first FPGA :) #Sipeed
Tang Nano 4K. the main processor of the #Gowin
GW1NSR-LV4C SoC containting FPGA is an ARM Cortex-M3, but there is also a #RISCV
based #Bouffalo #BL702
on board for communication between the system and USB for communication/flashing/JTAG.
Pro: The GW1NSR-LV4C system-in-package chip (a SoC) contains:
- ARM Cortex-M3 ASIC
- 64Mbit of PSRAM,
- an FPGA with: 4608 logical blocks 3456 registers The board has
- 32Mbit Nor Flash (used for the FPGA logic itself, I believe)
- HDMI, Camera interface, GPIO
- USB-C alimentation connected to the RISC-V RV32 based BL702 (with LoRa/WiFi support). So no need to a JTAG HW interface, flash can be done via USB interface using OpenFPGALoader
- The bitstream building is still closed source, but there is Apicula project to open Gowin FPGA bitstreams.
- The HDMI firmware code is RSA enciphered (could be due to DRM managing part in firmware?), I will try to avoid it or use it (GPIO for VGA output) or only for few tests/video recording.
Shipping was very fast, I buy it october 29 on Aliexpress Sipeed store, it was announced as reaching Paris november 18, and actualy received it november 6. https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003152104886.htmlSipeed Tang Nano 4K FPGA board